Why should you install a roof vent in your home? While it may not seem important now, the numerous effects are well-worth the investment. Today’s homes are built with energy efficiency in mind, but that wasn’t the case many years ago. An older home may not be equipped with the proper roofing materials to keep your home or office’s temperatures at a consistent level, which means you could be losing hundreds of dollars a year thanks to poor roof ventilation. On the other hand, a house or business with good roof ventilation will actually save you money, provide better comfort, and help you cash in with resale value in the future. A business with roof ventilation will save on heating and cooling bills that can be used elsewhere.
Here are few more reasons why you should make sure your roof is properly ventilated:
- Control temperatures in your attic and your home
- Stay within local building codes which require proper roof ventilation in homes and commercial buildings
- Prevent moisture from accumulating as well as condensation that can damage the integrity of your insulation or items stored in the attic through mold and mildew
- Protect your roofing materials (condensation is the leading cause of roof damage)
- Stop heat from building up in your attic so heating costs are lower (energy efficiency)
Ask about our financing!