Each year, you climb up a tall ladder and scrape piles of debris out of your gutters. Does this sound familiar? If so, you may be intrigued by the idea of a gutters guard. Owing Mills (21117) residents often have tall trees surrounding their homes, and they’d do just about anything to keep leaves out of their gutters.
We asked our team of gutter installers (Owing Mills, MD, based) to tell us what these systems can and can’t do. Here’s what they told us.
What Can a Gutters Guard Do?
A piece of mesh or screen sits atop your gutter, and it works a bit like a filter. All gutters guard systems work a bit like this.
Choose to install these systems, and you can expect to:
- Reduce debris in your gutters. Landscaping with trees can increase your home’s value by 20 percent. But each leaf can land in your gutter and rot. A system keeps the big chunks out of the deep parts of your gutter.
- Limit your cleaning duties. When leaves sit on top of your gutters, they’re easier to brush away. You won’t have to muck them out of the deep troughs of your gutters.
- Reduce your time commitment. Cleanup with a gutters guard in place is quick and easy. Your cleaning job will take minutes, not hours.
What Can’t a Gutters Guard Do?
Don’t be fooled by fancy marketing materials that promise you more than the average system can deliver.
A gutters guard system can’t:
- Eliminate your cleaning duties. You must still climb up that ladder and maintain your home. And you must be careful. More than 164,000 emergency room visits start with a ladder.
- Ensure your gutters aren’t damaged. If you don’t keep your gutters clean when ice comes, the weight can be hard on the system.
Work With Experienced Gutter Installers (Owing Mills, MD, Based)
We have an entire team that knows just how to install both gutter systems and gutter guards. We can help you choose the right product, and we’ll apply it to your home quickly. Contact us for a free estimate.