Roof replacement is something that’s usually requested either when a roof reaches a certain age and needs to be replaced, or when a structure has suffered so much damage that it’s more cost-effective to replace it with a new roof, than to continue to cover the costs and time of repairing it. Each structure is different and it cannot be determined which options are best until the structure is reviewed by an experienced roofing contractor.
When you review your options, focus on contractors who are experienced, offer multiple services like repair and replacement options, are experienced with your type of property whether it is a home, an office building or something else and offer free estimates. This will get you started on selecting the best roofer for the job. As far as whether or not you should go with a replacement, you need to consider some things.
Is Roof Replacement Worth it?
A roof replacement is going to usually cost more than repair work will. So, for those who are focused on budget, the short-term advantage will usually go to the repair side. However, if budget is not the issue, or if you can finance it, replacement options are usually better for several reasons. Consider how these apply to your property.
- One and done: You cannot underestimate the fact that if your roof needs to be repaired now, it may need more and more repairs. If you are seeing those costs add up, you may want to think about eliminating this issue altogether.
- Insurance help: If you are having difficulty getting coverage, especially affordable coverage, it may be because of the roof. If that’s the case, upgrading it will be far better and increase the number of providers you can work with.
- Warranty: New roofs come with a warranty meaning that you have extra financial protection on the structure for usually the first decade.
- Long-term value: If you are planning on selling the property in the next ten years, having a new structure put on it will raise the value a lot. Roofs, kitchen, bathrooms, windows and things like that are some of the biggest factors in what buyers consider before buying a property.
- Built to last: Updated regulations, technology and strategies have improved how roofs are built and installed. This means you will enjoy high-quality for decades.